Saturday, June 26, 2010

fancy going to a mad tea party?

if you have some time on your hands and you like an adventure...why not head to lilly cottage for a whimsical party that will have you wanting more! i was invited to take part in Linda's gorgeous and mad party and as usual the hostess with the mostest left us with a parting gift.
each of her lucky guests left with a pansy cupcake! this little gal has sprouted another pretty flower, in my favourite colour of course.
this party inspired me to have a tea party of our own to celebrate a birthday for a very special friend...the table was set with some pretty little friends.
tiny deer and bird salt shakers, not a matching set but they play so well together i just had to bring them out.
a nest of pretty birds seemed right at place on our table.. these beautiful creations cannot be eaten but they certainly make a statement for those enjoying a tea party or two. the gorgeous kylie cupcakes made these and will make some for you too :) we soon filled the rest of the stand with lemony cupcakes, mmm delish jellyfish! shouldn't that be drink me? i hear you say..well this pretty tag made by the lovely linda is actually right. this teapot is filled to the brim with individually wrapped dove chocolates %*_*% squeal!!!
and what party would be complete without a present? i made the tag myself and the present too. what a fun time we hadand these 5 guests had a ball!
do yourself a favour and head down the rabbit hole into a wonderland of tea parties hosted by the amazing vanessa of a fanciful twist.
xxrosey

17 comments:

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Ohhhhh Rosey it all looks lovely! And Fancy Seeing My creations featured!
I have been drafting a Email to send to you for Like Forever! Will finish and email it soon.
Have school holidays to contend with and am already at a loss as to how to keep my Son occupied!
Lindas Tea party looked so whimsical and fun!

I see the bridge! said...

Oh what a fabulous tea party! Love your tea party chairs..and all the little friends and most importantly those little bottles filled with something magical I am sure!
It was an absolute pleasure to have you attend my tea party, after all what is a party without good friends?
Kiss Noises Linda

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

Soooo pretty! I want to eat the cupcakes you can't eat!!

Why is it illegal to have rabbits there?!

♥ Maria-Thérèse blog.afiori.com

Unknown said...

Very lovely! Are you sure I can't eat those gorgeous cupcakes? Suzie xx

Kathryn Costa said...

Thank you for a delightful time. Those little cherubs must have had a blast. Follow your heart and join me as we go to the Forest of Wishes. I have party gifts waiting for everyone! http://collagediva.typepad.com/collagediva/2010/06/blogparty.html

{{soul hugs}}
Kathryn, Collage Diva

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Rosey! Wish I could have joined you at the Lovely Lilly Linda's tea party ... next time! :0) And it looks like your own party was a fabulous one too. I'm sure lovely memories were created for the five invited guests. Bear Hugs! KRIS

Rhonda Roo said...

Im not a big fan of tea, so a teapot full of Dove Chocolates sounds like my kind of party!! :-)

Your partygoers are sweet, as are your wee creatures!

Have a lovely day!
XOXO Roo

Celia said...

What a nice tea party....beautiful decorations. Thank you for inviting me....please come by and have tea with me too....

Bianca said...

Oh I loved your cupcakes! Thanks for having me to such a lovely party.

WrightStuff said...

Oh cupcakes that cannot be eaten... I am not sure if that is a good thing or not!! What a delightful spread you gave us - something to savour (if not actually eat!)

Wendy said...

Thank you for letting me drop in to your lovely tea party. I loved the cupcakes and must say I was just about to take a bite when I noticed your note about not being real... But they were definitely delicious for the eyes. Please stop by for a cup of tea and some wonderful madness.
Have a wonderfully Mad and Curious day... Wendy from Wonderland
http://candydelane.typepad.com/curiosities/

Ann - Making Family Memories with Childrens Tea Sets said...

What a fun tea party so full of delightful friend and family memories! The children were adorable and what cute tea sets. I must admit, my favorite was the lovely and unique tea pot full of Dover chocolates. Yummmmmmmmm ♥♥♥

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Squeal!!!
What fun ~ don't we all love a tea party.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

lexie said...

This is just the cutest thing!

Hope you are well

babalisme said...

Who can refuse such whimsical tea party?

Oh, the cupcakes, especially!

Wish I were there!

And my, your girls are growing pretty!

Jingle said...

Your tea party is delightful!

Weathered & Worn said...

Oh thank you for the lovely tea and cupcakes!