Friday, June 5, 2009

calling all sleuths

it was a day like any other day, house hold chores completed, stitching started and coffee drunk. time to pick up the eldest child from school, mailbox checked as usual... squeals of delight as middle child finds a little package.
out of habit my first reaction is to turn it over to see who the sender is and this is what i found.
ok a little bit more investigation... look at stamps to find
so now i know it is someone here in my homeland. i scrutinize the writing and think that i can recognise the writing but it could be any number of people i know... aarrggg.
at this stage my curiosity level is off the chart and so is Mia's as she opens it up to find..
THE SWEETEST re-purposed wooden scrabble tile pendant with a babushka on the front!!
isn't she sweet??? even better in real life let me tell you.
who could have sent this to me?? and why???
when i get home i search the net for these pendants and find the exact one on a site for the pendant factory in Melbourne. my search is tightening... but i am useless at this sort of stuff so i need your help.
if you sent this to me please tell me, i really would like to repay you for your friendship, kindness and generosity. if anyone else out there knows anything about it please tell me!!
i really am the luckiest little chicken around!
smooches rosey

10 comments:

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Oh yeah... intrigue and mystery. Don't we love that in blogland. Well my friend, I don't know who sent it but aren't you the lucky one.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Golly you are the lucky one?
Are you in any PIF?
OR hmmmm? Nup Not sure how else to track down the mystery gifter...
Enjoy all the intrigue

Miranda said...

How gorgeous rosey.. a mystery friend !! Lucky little Mia.. I expect your other little precious ones will receive somethings to perhaps !
I miss you.. must have another weekend to visit soon and go to lili cottage..xxx
Love Mir xx

Eclectic Chic Style said...

That is adorable!!! What a sweet mystery!
♥ Teresa

Unknown said...

I'd love to take credit for that lovely gift but no wasn't me and sorry don't know who !

Knitty Bitty Apparel said...

HI Rosey! I'm sooo sorry I haven't been by to see you lately....I have not been a very good blogger friend. But, I loved seeing all your new posts, projects, and most of all, congrats on your Etsy shop. You will find your sales to be so rewarding!! I'm so happy for you. I love the little dolls----they are so cute for little girl's purses---Josie loves to carry them around in hers. My big day is Monday---we are going in for a scheduled induction so I'm hoping by lunch time to have know boy or girl----as soon as I can I'll post about the good news ;-) Thanks so much for keeping in touch and have a GREAT day today.

mmmmwwwwaaaahhhhh Stacey

Canarella said...

The best gift are the ones we give just to give....Just enjoy and let the sender enjoy the mystery...god bless

Christina said...

Hope you feel better!

Leonard said...

Interesting thouughts

Leonard said...

Great bblog