Sunday, April 19, 2009

goodbye holidays we have had so much fun...

well tomorrow marks the start of term 2 and the end of our Easter holidays. i can honestly say that this holiday has been the most relaxing and soul nourishing holiday that i can remember. i think the key was that we didn't over commit ourselves and we stayed home more than normal. money is tight at the moment but we still managed to have a great time with our family and friends and some good old fashioned painting, sewing etc... i have taken a few snaps over the holiday as a memory of all that we did.
my sister celebrated her birthday the Wednesday before Easter Sunday so i baked her this cake. she has been hit by the recession and is currently seeking a job, if you pray please say a prayer for her... we set up an Easter egg hunt, heaps of fun!!
hidden in old logs and under vines... on top of fairy houses...
and finally gobbled up by chocolate hunters :) smiles, laughter and great conversations, treasured memories with family and friends. sew much sewing and not just by me.
hunting for snails and other bugs... the protective gear was for the mowing that was about to start. chalk art... playing teachers on the white/blackboard...
hopscotch!!!
and lots of painting... my girls love to paint rocks, we found these amazing house and tree shaped tiles all for $1! i know it is not in colour but i was in a sepia kind of mood :) and i actually learnt how to write on the photo too :) goodbye sweet holidays see you in ten weeks time...
%*_*% rosey
0.

9 comments:

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

You all did have a great time.
Holidays are for just that purpose...To recharge and reconnect....
(and in my case have teeth pulled!)
Not to fill up the calenders.
The kids love to paint don't they,Mine to,I just find it so,so messy.
I need paints for them Not my acrylic paints which once dry do not wash out!

Linda Lilly Cottage said...

A perfect holiday, pity they go by so quick!! Love those photos Rosey, the hopscotch on is my favourite!
Kiss Noises LInda

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

I think we all enjoy the slower pace of holidays and the chance to catch up on life but I also enjoy that first Monday of back to school. I can see your household really enjoyed the term break.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Sarah said...

I know what you mean - we too had a very relaxing time rather than rushing round meeting up with people, going out all the time. I don't think it's necessary and my 2 boys were more than happy just playing at home!

mrsrabbit said...

Wow. A holiday full of great memories just what a family needs. !

Anonymous said...

Looks like the there was alot of fun are your place for Easter.I so enjoyed mine as well Rosey.The cake looks very pretty you baked for your sister.Oh and the rock painting,we used to dso that as kids growing up here.Wow thanks for the memories of that,a great time we had doing it.Have a great new week!

CkmetroPhotos said...

Gosh I wish i was on holidays about now Rose. Sounds like you guys had a fantastic time. hi from us !

Unknown said...

I love sepia ! We still have another week to go in NSW, lots of relaxing to do yet !

tantehilde said...

oh we had so much fun too during holiday!!