Wednesday, November 12, 2008

the cutest little 'ouchie' soother ever

Claudia's deliciously, gorgeous godmother Miranda gave her this sweet 'bump bunny' for her first birthday. it actually holds a small plastic cube which you freeze and then place inside the bunny. it is so cute and really cures the 'sads' very quickly. it was perfect the other day when she picked up that nasty old bee and had a sore finger. thanks Mir, you are THE BEST %^_^%

it is great for those frequent bumps to the head

it is so soft and pretty, can you see the space for the cube?

i would also like to introduce you to someone... Claudia named this one and lili and i are not sure if it is a girl or a boy. it has a girls body but the face of a boy, what do you think? anyhow the words that came out of Claudia's mouth when i said 'what is this bears name?' were 'Maynard bloop'. so without further adieu here is....

MAYNARD BLOOP

Boy or girl? what do you think? perhaps it is a shim... in any case i made it. i actually wanted to sew him with the machine, you know inside out sort of thing but i got too scared and just sewed him by hand. i need help with all this stuff. on my long holiday i will do some patterns from my softies book and i will learn heaps i am sure.

big sloppy kisses to all, especially you miranda!! mmmmwwwwaaaaahhh

14 comments:

Tilly Rose said...

Thanks for the comments re: my pretty cigarette tins.....like your ideas, have you joined the 'Christmas and Cosy' swop on 'At home with Melmel' i'm gonna put one in my swop box so you may have one after all.....Love the bear you made, very cute, do you sell them?
Keep Blogging..

cc

Lesley (Notesfrommydays) said...

hi just found you via melmel :-) your so good with your "makes" im very impressed! and i love "shim" LOL
LESLEY X

Lesley (Notesfrommydays) said...

oh I have a Mia too! (my 7 year old daughter :-)
Lesley x

Knitty Bitty Apparel said...

Love the new softy---sooo cute, and where in the world did that name come from ;-) AND, that is the sweetest little bunny ever!!!

Tilly Rose said...

definatly think people would buy, i would, so cute. On 'vintage heaven' i think & 'vintage magpie' they have simular, not for sale but ones they make.
xx

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Hi Rosey,
Thanks for popping by and saying 'Hi' on my 100th post giveaway. I've just enjoyed reading through your posts and have to say 'what a great idea that ice cube holder is'. Never seen one of them before but wish I had of had one of those when my girls were younger....hhmm come to think of it, they'd probably still like the ouch bunny at 11 & 14.
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Anonymous said...

It's a boy. I can tell. He might have a touch of the queer eye wearing that flowery outfit, but i say Maynard is a dude.

xox nata

ittybittyandpretty said...

oh so lovely to see you there renata i miss you.... yes i really think it is a boy too.

Anonymous said...

Hello gorgeous girl, wow you have been busy...putting me to shame!! Love the bear and love the ice bunny...I need one of those...really truly I do. i will do you a deal, in exchange for your glittering company and some tasty home baked treats i shall show you how super easy it is to sew with a machine...hand embroidery is great and your hand stitching looks wonderful, but you can get more done with the machine??? So what do you say, wanta play on the holidays??? Kiss Noises Linda Lilly Cottage. ( I think bearby is a shim or a him because any decent girl would have a flower in her hair, right??) moi

Jenn Maruska said...

What's this about you not being able to sew?!?

That little bear is super cute! : )

Pinktulip said...

I just left a comment because it sounded so good to be called "attractive, witty and friendly"! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog recently! I love making new blog friends. I thought you could not sew?! This blog tells me otherwise...Love your softies! I truly suck at handstitching...

Anonymous said...

Your shim looks like a he to me, boys like flowers too you know, anyway he's adorable! (and my baby is a boy, I guess you guessed by the colours I'd chosen..no?)

Miranda said...

Dearest bestest friend Rosey.. thankyou for you note.. so glad the Bunny is a help when Claudia get's bumps on her head.. poor little thing.. She looks like she is growing up too fast ! I must visit soon for cuddles !
Memories of your childhood with your mum and brother and sisters is so special.. thankyou for sharing those memories..
I love you heaps.. Mirrr xxx
Give the girls a big hug and cuddles from me too xxx

Anonymous said...

I love the bear.