Thursday, November 27, 2008

inching towards that black hole...

does anyone else feel like that? i feel like i am teetering on the edge and one more nasty person could very easily send me into a corner where i rock while crying uncontrollably. many things have sent me to this dark place...
  • tyring to work out how to invite Lilli's friends to a birthday party without offending those that don't get an invite.
  • looking at her grade two book list and wondering why they expect me to buy 40 lead pencils costing over $14, plus 4 packets of colouring pens, 2 sharpeners, 2 scissors and the rest. do they let the children eat the pencils? who would use 40 pencils in one year? that averages out to one pencil a week!!!! that alone is sending me to the EDGE.
  • taking mouldy bread back for a refund (something i never do but was so angry about the bloody bread) only to be questioned about the date on the docket not matching the date on the bread tag. the hideous lady called the bakery dude who pleasantly said 'just give her the refund'. the lady then proceeded to educate me about how the weather could have made it go off and that SHE refrigerates her bread blah blah blah... i was so mad and had to walk away. i had tears in my eyes the whole way round the store, when i came across her again i said 'i feel like giving that $2.50 back to you because it isn't worth the way you have made me feel, i wouldn't lie about mouldy bread' she blathered something about it being protocol and that Woolworths could afford it but she still didn't get the fact that it was her belittling manner that was the problem.
  • trying to keep up with work and home life and feeling so muddle headed.

thanks for letting me rant, i just couldn't wait for my 'weekend whinge' post.

on a happier note we are heading out for wood fire pizza at the petrie night markets Friday night, lunch with poppy Jim on Saturday and lunch in toowomba on Sunday with some of our good friends. hopefully their company will lift my very blue spirits.

lili, hannah and sianna with one of my best friends tina at last years christmas gathering.

mmmwwwaahhh goldsworthy

9 comments:

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Oh Rosey...I'm right there with you sweetheart....right there on the edge waiting to jump. Usually though, I just console myself with a BIG piece of lucious mouth watering chocolate..mmmmmm. And if that doesn't cure the 'blue' mood, take Linda's advice and down chocolate with some wet bubbly stuff. Although...I do believe that Linda only recommends Lindt chocolate with bubbly.
Big squeezy hugs for you,
Kerryanne

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

Oh that sucks. Hopefully you feel better already. It's great you told the sucky bread woman how you felt even though she didn't get it. Maybe you can contact the school and question that list as well (don't they give the kids any supplies at all where you live??? Move to Sweden.) Maybe there's an error of some kind, or you can ask if you're supposed to buy for the whole class or what the deal is. You stick up for yourself. Don't be sad, get angry and see what you can change.

♥ visit me at www.afiori.com

Anonymous said...

Ugh, it bugs the hell out of me when I have to deal with people like that store lady. Not nice. I'm sorry you had to deal with that.

I can definitely relate with you about all of the above; sometimes all of the stressors like to pile up on you at once and that can be a major happiness drainer. Hang in there, Rosey, you can do it! Once the crazy pre-holiday season is over, things should get back to normal. Big trans-ocean hugs and prayers for you in the meantime! -Karen

Janet said...

Oh Rosey, I'm so sorry you are at this point. I'm not all that far behind (and you've no doubt read about my recent meltdowns). Have a good cry, then put the kids to bed, pull the cork out of a bottle, bung an 80's movie in the DVD and stitch!!! I promise you will feel a million times better!

Janet said...

Hey Rosey, were you at the EP for lunch today? I thought I saw you (well someone who looked like the photos on your blog) but by the time I plucked up the courage to come and say hello, you had gone!

I now drive a people mover! said...

holidays are coming Rosey.. it will be better then, less running around and stresses to deal with. Have a nice glass of wine and tomorrow will be better :)

Jo and Co

Knitty Bitty Apparel said...

HI Rosey---sending a big hug your way---hate to hear you're in the blues right now---maybe you need something to cheer you up....hum.....I'll get right on it ;-) Take care! Stacey

our shabby cottage said...

40 pencils, how ridiculous is that???

I would have taken the bread back too but what a nasts lady - I would have reported her to her boss (she probably was the boss though right?)The amount of times I have taken things back because they were not fresh is amazing - we shouldn't have to though. It is frustrating....

Glad you have some lovely things to look forward to in the next few days.
Chin up Rosey!!

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Rosey! Oh dear - sounds like those staws were building up on the camel's back - not that I'm saying you look like a camel!!! No, no!!! I've noticed that it's usually a lot of little things, rather than one big thing that sink us. Lucky for you there are lots of blogging buddies out there to throw life preservers to you. Hope now that you're on holidays you can take a breath - and stick pins in the voo doo doll of the nasty lady at Woollies!! Some people are just clueless about manners and customer service! Bear Hugs - enjoy your trip up here on the weekend! KRIS