Saturday, January 3, 2009

can you hear their teeny tiny laughs???

my sister anita (agapanthas) has the uncanny ability to know when a spider is in the room, she can feel it watching her!! sure enough if she gets THAT feeling, one usually creeps out from some spot or even jumps on her (thats another story or should i say stories :).
well my story isnt about spiders but about ANTS. i seem to have super prankster ants in my yard as they have built their little mounds of DIRT under my WASHING LINE!!
every time i drop an item of clothing, it falls, you guessed it, onto one of these ant hills. what makes it worse is that i can hear them laughing, slapping each other on the back each time a piece of clothing hits the deck!! cheeky little buggers! they have the rest of the lawn to make their home on but nooooooo they choose to build their colony where it would most annoy me. do you agree with me? am i being a bit paranoid or maybe just a little insane? should i have a polite word with them and ask them to move on or pour scalding water down their holes and let them suffer? (not a nice option but i want to see if i have any sadists reading my blog)
looks like a cow pat but it is one of a dozen or so hills under my line!
ok onto to other things, lili is in a creative mood. she isnt interested in playing with toys but would rather be making something. that is a hard task with a broken arm but we have had these melty beads in the cupboard for some time now so i pulled it down to keep her occupied for... a few minutes! an adult has to iron it once she has put the beads on. she will probably make all the designs in the book before the hour is up!
the first design had to be a butterfly!
a really simple crafty idea.
the last photo is a sneak peek of a 'birdie' that has flown away as a secret surprise for someone overseas. cant wait to show you once she gets there. afiori has recieved her bird and will post about it soon, i will link to her page when she writes about it.
here she is with her breast adorned with sweet little roses. ok off to iron up those melty beads.
mmwwaaah rosey

9 comments:

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Ahhh Birdie is lookin' kind a cute!
As for the ants Hmmmmm????
Need to ponder,Notthe sadistic option from me tho

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Glad to see Lili is coping well with her injury. Nothing like a bit of craft work to fill in the time - tell her I can totally relate.
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Rosey! Your comments about your ants cracked me up!! I seem to recall watching a Donald Duck cartoon as a kid that involved a picnic and some very miltant ants - bet ol' Donald would sympathise with you, as I seem to recall his sollutions ended badly! Tee! Hee! Hee! I think you need to invest in some ant sand - just pour some down their front hallways and they should go away. We shall never surrender!! (said with a Winston Churchil accent!!) Bear Hugs! KRIS

ittybittyandpretty said...

oh yes they would certainly have the churchil accent! 'bravo ol chap really got her that time!'

this broken arm thing seems to be a breeze compared to the other two breaks she has had!
%*_*%

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

Oooh I love the part about the ants slapping each other's backs :D :D :D

Anonymous said...

Well I dont like ants much,but I dont mind them as much as spiders ewe just reading this I got itchy haha.Its funny in cartoons how they picture ants just carrying something enourmous walking away,LOL I hope they dont cafrry off your clothes LOL.lol@you can hear them laughing hahah.I love butterflys,cant wait to see the end result.How the heck do you iron beads without them sticking on the iron.Just a thought from a person who never did that before LOL.

Lesley (Notesfrommydays) said...

We have those melty beads as well - i always have to ignore the need to take over and do it "properly" LOL and usually melt them too much when i iron them!! but i never said i was good at ironing LOL
Lesley x

Anonymous said...

Bah, ants are so annoying sometimes! They always had a hill near our washline in the summer, I hated to see them. Maybe they're attracted by the moisture?

I don't mind crawly things as much as I mind buzzy things with wings! When a bee or a horsefly buzz near my head, I literally hit the deck!

Oh, and I love those melty bead things. I had a set as a kid. It's a great creativity tool for kids! They get to make whatever design they come up with, and then they can melt it and keep it forever!

nart said...

We had those beads at after school care when i was in primary school. Fun to just make your own little design.

I hate ants too, there's a big bull ant's nest on our front lawn and the damn things are all over our drive way, so I have to where shoes just to go check the mailbox.
I hope they aren't the kind that will bite my gorgeous little cousins. xxxnata